Fat Friendly Avocado Brownies
Can you believe it...brownies can be healthy! With being over 80% avocado (yes avocado), these brownies boast some of the best fats you can get in a primal diet. Even though they are gluten-free and processed sugar-free, these chocolate morsels have the texture of a normal brownie and richness of 100% cocoa.
Best part is these brownies are great as a snack, dessert, and yes even breakfast! But just remember, to much of anything is...well..to much.
1 medium, ripe, hass avocado (1 cup +)
3 tbsp melted grass fed butter
2 FULL tbsp unsweetened almond butter (or other nut butter)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt (if your nut butter is salted omit or reduce)
1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
1/4 heaping cup cacao powder (unsweetened cocoa powder)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp peppermint extract (optional)
Raw Cacao Nib
- Pre-heat oven to 350F.
- Line small baking dish with parchment paper or olive oil cooking spray.
- In the bowl of your blender or food processor combine all of the ingredients.
- Blend on medium, low power until just smooth. No more than 30 seconds.
- Transfer the batter into the baking dish and smooth it out evenly.
- Add toppings if you so choose.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Metal pans could require less cooking time. Check at 20 minutes, its done when the top is cracked and it has turned a deep brown color. The top will be slightly soft but dry to the touch.
- Remove and let cool for 15 minutes.
- Cut to desired size and enjoy!
Original Recipe: https://thecastawaykitchen.com/2017/04/flourless-avocado-brownies-paleo-keto-low-carb-grain-free/